Role of Change Agent in Organizational Change Essay Sample
This essay discusses the role of change agents in making changes in organizations. In the context of this essay, it is important to understand what change agents are. The change agents are individuals or groups who are responsible for carrying out tasks of managing and instigating changes within an organization. There can be internal as well as external change agents.
Hire a Irish Assignment Writer to Write your Essay, Thesis & Other Academic Papers
The internal change agents are the managers, the employees that work within an organization. External change agents like consultants work from outside an organization. Both internal and external change agents are required to possess skills by which they can oversee changes in an organization.
Often organizations hire the services of external change agents for doing major organization-wide alterations. These consultants are not bound by an organization’s politics, culture, or traditions.
This essay discusses the different change agent types and discusses change agent roles, the attributes of successful change agents, what is the change agent’s role within an organization.
Types of change agents
There can be many situations where change agents are required. Various types of change agents are discussed in this essay and the classification is made as per the attributes of the change agents as well as the methods they use to implement organizational changes. Each change agent type can be useful in a particular situation.
People and Change and Technology type
The focus of this type of change agent is individuals within an organization. Such change agents may look after why an employee is remaining absent from his/her duties, quality of service rendered by the employees. They may also look after the motivation and morale of the employees. Their way of doing things include job enrichment, modifying behavior, and setting goals. Examples of this type of change agent are the managers within an organization. According to them, if employees change then organizations will also change.
Outside pressure types
These change agents work from outside an organization. They are not part of an organization but they try to change an organization by using civil disobedience, other pressure tactics, violence, mass demonstrations, and they aim to fulfill their objectives.
The analysis only for the top types
This is yet another change agent type. This change agent type focuses on altering the structure of the organization to enhance the efficiency and output of the organization. Such type of change agents utilizes system analysis, research work, policy study as well as other forms of analytical approaches. Many managers working within an organization can assume the role of this type of change agent.
Organizational development types
These change agents are more interested in various internal processes such as communications, intergroup relations, and decision-making processes. These change agents put to use a culture change approach as they continually study and analyze the culture of an organization. Many managers working within n organization assume such types of roles in bringing changes to an organization.
Get Help from Native Assignment Writers to Write your Academic Paper
What are the roles of change agents?
The various roles of change agents working from within or outside an organization are discussed in this section. A manager of an organization is believed to exercise these roles. Besides, there are external change agents who are believed to exercise such roles.
The managers and consultants use data from within or outside an organization while communicating with the employees within an organization so that solutions to issues can be worked out using appropriate data.
Managers working within an organization can also play the role of a trainer. The manager can help the other members within an organization to use data to do changes. The manager, therefore, helps the employees within an organization to gain skill sets. Some businesses have shown an inclination on hiring consultants from outside to train the members within an organization and enhance the overall performance of the organization.
Managers working within an organization can also play the part of a researcher. The researcher not just helps the employees with internal and external data and the person also trains the members within an organization with the necessary skill sets. The researcher cum manager also designs an assessment component that can be used for fixing current as well as future issues.
Attributes of successful change agents
The various roles of change agents within an organization are discussed in the previous section. In this section, it is featured the attributes of the change agents like managers, consultants that make them successful in bringing changes within an organization.
- Change agents try to be similar to the employees within an organization.
- Change agents tend to be empathetic to other members of an organization and that leads to better communications, actions.
- The change agents and the other organizational members collaborate on various activities.
- Change agents like managers and consultants tend to be physically and psychologically closer to each other for effective functioning within an organization.
- The change agents work in a structured manner with other members of an organization so that they can and make changes within an organization.
- The organization must be capable enough to provide the resources that are required for bringing changes within it.
- The change agents and the other organizational members are required to work openly. They must be ready to hear and respond to or get influenced by one another.
- The change efforts are designed in a manner so that the employees are rewarded for the organizational changes.
- The change agents and the members of an organization are required to be energetic to make changes in an organization.
- The change agents are required to work in a team with other members of an organization and using necessary resources, doing relevant activities to bring changes in an organization.
Get Custom essay on Role of Change Agent in Organizational Change from qqiassignments.com
This essay is all about the various roles of change agents within an organization. These essays have academic significance and Irish students are expected to write such essays as part of academic assessment and evaluation.
Many students prefer to avail the assignment writing services of qqiassignment.com. Some expert writers are known for rendering the best essay writing service in Ireland. If you are a student and want quality essays then you can pay someone for writing an essay, avail of assignment help in Ireland for QQI.
The Sligo Essay writers are also known to help students with 6N2775 Conflict Management Assignment Sample, Fetac Assignment Examples Ireland, Fetac level 5 Team working Assignment Sample, Train the Trainer learner record example, Behavioral Studies Assignment Sample, and many more.
Buy 100% Plagiarism Free Assignment Papers & Get Good Grades
- International Destination Management Essay Sample Ireland
- 6N1948 Team Leadership Fetac Level 6 Assignment Sample Ireland
- Role of Change Agent in Organizational Change Essay Sample Ireland
- 5N0636 Tourism Information and Administration Fetac Level 5 Assignment Example
- 5N5410 Cabin Crew Operations Assignment Example- Fetac Level 5
- 5N4127 Global Development Issues Fetac Level 5 Assignment Example Ireland
- 6N2775 Conflict Management Assignment Example- Fetac Level 6
- QQI level 6 Event Management 6N4800 Assignment Example Ireland
- 6N3750 Human Resources Management Fetac level 6 Assignment Example Ireland
- 6N1782 Safety Management Fetac Level 6 Assignment Example Ireland
- 6N4649 Leisure Facility Operations QQI Level 6 Assignment Example Ireland
- 6N4090 Project Management Fetac Level 6 Assignment Example Ireland
- 6N3325 Training Needs Identification and Design Fetac Level 6 Assignment Example Ireland
- 6N3945 Managing People Fetac Level 6 Assignment Sample Ireland
- 5N3752 Stock Control and Material Systems Fetac Level 5 Assignment Sample