PSY20170 Clinical Psychology UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
PSY20170 Clinical Psychology is a module that covers the diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of psychological disorders. The objectives of the module include an understanding of the general characteristics of psychological disorders, as well as specific mental health problems such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression, anxiety disorders, and eating disorders.
The module also looks at different forms of therapy such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), family systems therapy, and psychodynamic therapy. Students learn how to carry out clinical assessments and develop individualized treatment plans for clients with psychological disorders.
This module is essential for students who want to pursue a career in clinical psychology or any other mental health-related field. The skills and knowledge acquired in this module will be invaluable in working with clients suffering from psychological disorders.
Get Solved Assignment sample for PSY20170 Clinical Psychology Module
There are many types of assignments given to students like individual assignments, group-based assignments, reports, case studies, final year projects, skills demonstrations, learner records, and other solutions given by us. We also provide Group Project Presentations for Irish students.
This module is divided into some assignment briefs.
Assignment Brief 1: Describe and understand clinical features of common psychological problems.
Clinical features of common psychological problems can vary widely, but often include distorted thoughts (e.g., cognitive distortions), disturbances in mood or affect, and maladaptive behaviors.
Cognitive distortions are irrational and inaccurate thoughts that can persist even in the face of contradictory evidence. They can cause a great deal of distress and lead to significant emotional and behavioral problems. Examples of cognitive distortions include catastrophizing, overgeneralization, discounting positives, magnifying negatives, personalization, and hopelessness.
Disturbances in mood or effect can manifest as a wide range of emotions including sadness, anxiety, anger, irritability, or feeling overwhelmed. These emotions can be extremely distressing and interfere with daily functioning. Maladaptive behaviors are any actions that serve to cope with or alleviate distress but are ultimately harmful. Examples of maladaptive behaviors include self-harm, substance abuse, disordered eating, and risky behaviors.
Achieve The Goals By Buy PSY20170 Clinical Psychology Assignments
Assignment Brief 2: Show an understanding of classification, epidemiology, etiology, treatment, and service provision for common psychological disorders.
The most common psychological disorders are classified into five major groups.
- The first group is known as anxiety disorders, which include generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social phobia, and specific phobias.
- The second group is called mood disorders and includes major depressive disorder, dysthymic disorder, bipolar disorder I or II, and seasonal affective disorder.
- The third group is made up of eating disorders and includes anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder.
- The fourth group consists of addiction disorders and includes alcohol abuse or dependence, drug abuse or dependence, nicotine dependence, and sexual addiction.
- The fifth group is known as the personality disorders and includes paranoid personality disorder, schizotypal personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder, and narcissistic personality disorder.
Each of these disorders has its own set of symptoms, course, and prognosis. Treatment also varies depending on the specific disorder. In general, however, most psychological disorders are treated with a combination of medication and psychotherapy.
Epidemiology is the study of the prevalence and incidence of diseases. mental disorders are relatively common, with a lifetime prevalence of around 20-25%. This means that at some point in their lives, one in four people will experience a mental disorder.
Etiology is the study of the causes of diseases. The exact cause of mental disorders is not known, but they are thought to be caused by a combination of biological, psychological, and social factors.
Treatment for mental disorders can be divided into two broad categories: pharmacological and psychosocial. Pharmacological treatment involves the use of medication to manage symptoms. Psychosocial treatment encompasses a wide range of therapies that aim to help patients cope with their illness and improve their overall functioning.
Service provision for mental disorders typically includes both inpatient and outpatient services. Inpatient services are for patients who require 24-hour care, while outpatient services are for those who can be seen on a less frequent basis. Treatment is often provided by a team of mental health professionals, which may include psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and counselors.
Avail For PSY20170 Clinical Psychology Continuous Assignment Example
Assignment Brief 3: Explain the role of protective factors in promoting wellbeing.
There are many factors that play a role in promoting well-being. Protective factors, such as social support, can buffer against stress and promote positive coping mechanisms. Other factors, such as having a sense of purpose or meaning in life, can also promote well-being.
Protective factors are important because they can help people thrive even in the face of adversity. Stress is a natural part of life and certain conditions, such as poverty or exposure to violence, can increase stress levels. However, if people have protective factors in their lives, they can be more resilient and cope better with stress.
Social support is one of the most important protective factors. It can involve family, friends, community groups, or professionals. Having people to talk to who understand and can offer help can make a big difference in how well someone copes with stress.
Sense of purpose or meaning in life is another protective factor that can promote well-being. People who have a sense of purpose are more likely to see their lives as valuable and worth living. They may also be more motivated to take care of themselves and make positive choices.
There are many other protective factors that can promote well-being. Some examples include having a good sense of self-esteem, being physically active, and having a positive outlook on life. Everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for another. It is important to find what works for you and to find ways to incorporate protective factors into your life.
Our main objective is to serve you quality assignment writing services with affordability
If you want to buy assignment writing services then you have come to the right place. Our writers are professionals who know how to write quality assignments. We offer a variety of services that can help you get the best grades possible. You can get nursing assignment paper examples Ireland from us. We know that getting the best grades is very important to you and we will help you achieve that goal.
Alternatively, You can ask our writers to can I pay someone to do my assignments and write my essay help services. We acknowledge the request and start writing your essay immediately. This service is quite handy when you are in urgent need of an essay but could not write it by yourself. It’s a better alternative than late submissions. So, Relax! Your assignment is in professional hands now.
- Psychotherapy assignment sample Ireland
- PSY10050 Introduction to Psychology UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- PSY20170 Clinical Psychology UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- PSY20160 Research Methods & Stats II UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- PSY20150 Foundations of Psychology UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- PSY20130 Introduction to Work and Organisational Psychology UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- PSY20110 Introduction to Health Psychology UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- PSY20080 Visual and Social Cognition UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- PSY20060 The Psychology of Language UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- PSY20050 Laboratory Practicals in Psychology I UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- PSY20020 Child & Adolescent Development UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- PSY10130 Key Skills and Concepts in Psy UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- PSY10120 Intro to Psychological Sci UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- PSY10090 Introduction to Applied Psychology UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- PSY10080 Introduction to Social Psychology UCD Assignment Sample Ireland