|University||CCT College Dublin (CCT)|
|Subject||HDIP in Science in Computing|
Module Title(s): Algorithms and Constructs
Students are advised to review and adhere to the submission requirements documented after the assessment task.
You have been tasked with creating a basic Car Rental System in Java. This system should be able to keep track of the availability of all the cars in a Rent-a-car business over the course of a year.
• A Rent-a-car contains Cars
• Cars have a make, a daily rate, an id, and a calendar of availability.
A sample main method has been provided to test the code you write.
Each of the interfaces given should be implemented by you according to the instructions in this brief. You may not alter the interfaces in any way, with the only exception of the import for your custom packages. You must structure your code as described in this brief. All the files you have been given should remain in the given package. All the files you implement should be placed in the same given package called algorithms and constructs.
As you will be working in pairs, you will have to set up a public git repository where both members of the team are added as collaborators.
• CarInterface.java – lists the method signatures of a Car.
• RentACarInterface.java – lists the method signatures of a Rent-a-car business. Remember, a rent-a car contains cars.
• BookingSystemInterface.java – defines the method signatures for a class that is in charge of creating a rent-a-car business.
• RentACar.java – the main method for you to try your code out.
• amilcar_rentals.txt – a text-based file that includes the details of one Rent-a-car business. It has all details regarding the cars: make daily rate and amount of cars of the specific model the business has.
i. You are required to set up a public git repository.
- Both members of the team are required to be added as contributors to the repository.
- Both members of the team are required to add commits to the repository.
- Do regular commits to the repository.
- The link to the public GIT repository must be added as a comment at the top the RentACar.java file.
ii. You are required to implement three classes:
- Car.java – implements the CarInterface.
- RentACar.java – implements the RentACarInterface.
- BookingSystem.java – implements the BookingSystemInterface.
iii. You must implement all methods defined in the relevant interfaces, you may define additional helper methods if it makes your coding easier but this is not required.
iv. You will also have to implement some attributes for some classes. Use the setters/getters defined in the interfaces to make an informed decision on the types/values of these attributes.
V. Whether or not to include a constructor in your classes is at your discretion. Make an informed decision and on this and make sure to include a short justification as a comment.
VI. In the main method, you will have to write the necessary code, to try out the program.
VII. You must not change any of the method signatures, the interfaces, or the structure txt file.
VIII. You must keep the structure of the NetBeans project provided.
IX. You must put the files you write in the given package called algorithms and constructs.
X.Text file structure:
amilcar_rentals // Rent-a-car business name
BMW:250:3 // Make BMW, €250 per day, there are 3 of them.
TOYOTA:200:8 // Make TOYOTA, €200 per day, there are 8 of them.
FORD:150:10 // Make FORD, €150 per day, there are 10 of them.
FIAT:75:15 // Make FIAT, €75 per day, there are 15 of them.
CHEVROLET:150:10 // Make CHEVROLET, €250 per day, there are 10 of them.
Hire a Irish Assignment Writer to Write your Essay, Thesis & Other Academic Papers
Our assignment help experts provide you the excellent HDIP in Science in Computing Assignment. Our goal is to provide eminence and assured online assignment help to CCT university students for getting good marks at a discounted price.