TFPD 3021: design a new innovative meat product by substituting part of the meat content with alternative non-meat proteins: New Food Product Development Report, OU, Ireland
|University||The Open University (OU)|
|Subject||TFPD 3021: New Food Product Development|
The learner will be able to:
• Engage with the systematic acquisition and understanding of a substantial corpus of knowledge at the forefront of establishing food product development as an area of study
• Communicate ideas and conclusions clearly and effectively to both specialist and non-specialist audiences;
• Develop the qualities and transferable skills necessary for employment in professional environments
• Demonstrate an ability to follow the sequence of events involved in the development of a new food product, from concept to launch on the marketplace.
• Engage with contemporary culinary and food product development issues and debates
• Apply appropriate research and sensory analysis methodologies.
• Make informed judgments concerning food product development on complex issues, including ingredient choices, sustainability, ethical, animal welfare
• Engage in the development of innovative food products
Brief Focus: (Innovative Meat Product)
The focus for the 2021 – 2022 Food Product Development brief is to design a new innovative meat product by substituting part of the meat content with alternative non-meat proteins
Consumers are seeking more sustainable and ethical meat and animal products, and alternatives have sprung up to meet demand. Health concerns are also driving growth in plant-based substitutes, whilst developments in lab-grown food have the potential to fundamentally reshape how food is produced
Consumers continue to move towards flexitarian or plant-based diets
A survey undertaken in January/February 2021 reported:
23% of global consumers are trying to limit their intake of meat
6% of global consumers follow a mostly plant-based or flexitarian diet
There is an opportunity to target those consumers who follow a flexitarian diet and those who are trying to limit their intake of meat.
Source: Euromonitor International’s Voice of the Consumer: Health and Nutrition
Use a multi-media portfolio to detail a food product concept for further development that specifically targets these groups.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get excellent report writing help on TFPD 3021: New Food Product Development. QQIAssignments.com has a panel of extremely talented report writers who produce well-researched reports on food preparation assignments at a reasonable price.