NM4153: Ruby Weatherspoon is a 32-year-old patient who has returned to the ward following mastectomy surgery: Person Centred Surgical Nursing Assignment, UOL, Ireland
|University||University of Limerick (UOL)|
|Subject||NM4153: Person Centred Surgical Nursing|
Scenario: Ruby Weatherspoon is a 32-year-old patient who has returned to the ward following mastectomy surgery. Her first post-operative assessment is required on return to the ward.
Domain 1: Professional values and conduct of the nurse competencies
Knowledge and appreciation of the virtues of caring, compassion, integrity, honesty, respect and empathy as a basis for upholding the professional values of nursing and identity as a nurse. Therefore, it is important to Practice safely, compassionately, professionally and responsibly (Use all sub heading below to structure you answer)
- Identify and describe 2 values/key words that you associate with good Person Centered Surgical Nursing Practice
- Cultural Diversity
- How is cultural diversity acknowledged in your practice
- Planning, preparation and organisation of the post-operative assessment (g. Administrative/management & Practical issues – list resources and equipment)
Domain 2: Nursing practice and clinical decision-making competences
Knowledge and understanding of the principles of delivering safe and effective nursing care through the adoption of a systematic and problem-solving approach to developing and delivering a person-centred plan of care based on an explicit partnership with the person and his/her primary carer. Therefore, it is important to Assess, Plan, Prioritise, Deliver, Evaluate Person centred nursing care & utilise clinical judgement (use all sub heading below to structure you answer)
- Assessment (Observations – General/specific, Airway, Breathing, Cyanosis, Level of consciousness, Pain, Comfort –nausea/positioning)
- Vital Signs (e.g. Provide Normal Ranges T, P, RR, BP and SpO2)
- Intake/Output (e.g. Fluid balance/IV/blood/nutrition/urinary status)
- Nursing Care (e.g. Post-Operative Fasting Regime/Mouth care/skin integrity/Oxygen requirement)
- Wound Sites/Dressings (e.g. Surgical site, Detect bleeding, Detect infection, Checking a stoma site)
- Presence and patency of drains (e.g. Drains, Skin)
- Additional Nursing Assessment & Monitoring that may be required (e.g. Pressure Area Care/Blood glucose/Central venous Pressure/Neurological Response/Neurovascular observation/ Capillary refill)
Domain 3: Knowledge and cognitive competences
Knowledge and understanding of the health continuum, life and behavioural sciences and their applied principles that underpin a competent knowledge base for nursing and healthcare practice. Therefore, it is important to have Knowledge and understanding (use all sub heading below to structure you answer)
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Searching for someone to write my assignment on NM4153: Person-Centred Surgical Nursing. QQIAssignments has a team of experienced writers who provide faultless solutions on nursing assignments within the deadline.