6N1957: You are required to conduct a needs strengths analysis on a child in your placement setting: QQI Level 6 Special Needs Assisting Assignment, OU, Ireland
|University||The Open University (OU)|
|Subject||6N1957: QQI Level 6 Special Needs Assisting|
You are required to conduct a needs/strengths analysis on a child in your placement setting. You will observe a child obtain information that can be used to assist in the planning and implementation of the child’s Individual Educational Plan and in organizing learning opportunities to promote independence and responsibility. In addition, you will reflect on working with children with special educational needs in a school environment.
If you are unable to complete the work placement due to COVID precautions and restrictions in schools, you may base your Needs/Strengths Analysis, IEP, and Activities on a FICTITIOUS CHILD. You may draw on course learning and your own research for these elements.
A body of work will be produced that comprehensively addresses the role and skills of the SNA in providing assistance in the provision of education and care for individuals that present with special educational needs. The written assessment will consider the following headings:
- Present a case study of the focus/fictitious child outlining a background profile and a summary of their condition.
- Using one observation method, conduct an observation of the focus/fictitious child detailing their areas of need and their strengths.
- Outline the observation method used to record the information required.
Individual Education Plan:
Using the data obtained from conducting an observation of the focus/fictitious child’s needs and strengths, develop and present an example of an Individual Educational Plan (IEP)*
The IEP should clearly outline the pupils:
• Areas of need/concern
• Strategies to support the child
Activity Planning and Implementation:
Using the data obtained from observing the focus/fictitious child and devising their IEP, develop, help implement and present two activity plans that outline learning opportunities to promote the pupil’s independence and responsibility (examples include circle time, play, drama, music, cookery, care-skill routines, and functional activities to help the child access the curriculum in a meaningful way).
Each activity plan should use the Headings below
• Description of activity
• Rationale for the activity (to promote the pupil’s independence and responsibility)
• Planning the activity
• List of materials (to be) used
• Implementation of the activity (provide a detailed account of how you carried out or would plan to carry out the activity with the pupil, show how you supported or intend to support the pupil, whilst also promoting independence and responsibility)
• Analysis of how the activities were or could be adapted to support the child in accessing the national curriculum (is/was it meaningful for the child and did it incorporate their strengths and interests?)
• Evaluation of the activities
• Outline of the skills used in your role as a student SNA while assisting the teacher in the implementation of the activity plans. *Note – If you are unable to complete the work placement element due to COVID precautions and restrictions in schools, you may draw from course notes and wider research for the skills and qualities of an SNA.
• Where possible include photographic evidence (include pictures of the activities/materials without identifying individuals)
Stressors in the workplace:
- Describe what is meant by workplace stress.
- Identify and discuss five strategies for dealing with stressors in the workplace.
- Present a critical reflection on your own personal attitudes, values, beliefs and assumptions in relation to learning about and/or working with and on behalf of people who present with special educational needs.
- Reflect on areas you found challenging and stressful while working as a student SNA. *Note – If you are unable to complete work placement due to COVID precautions and restrictions in schools, you may draw on course learning and your own research to discuss any challenges and stresses that an SNA may encounter.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Our expert assignment writers at Assignments can write plagiarism-free college assignments for you at the most reasonable price. our writers are highly skilled to write the Special Needs Assisting assignment accurately by the deadline.