5N1356: Write an Introduction / Description of the Childcare Setting: Work Experience, OU,
|University||The Open University (OU)|
|Subject||5N1356: Work Experience|
Section 1: Job Description
Write an Introduction / Description of the Childcare Setting where you are completing your Work Experience.
Include details on:
- How long the organisation has been in existence – a detailed history.
- Size of the overall setting, Number of staff to include all levels of staff – Managers to Childcare Practitioner.
- Provide an Organisational Chart of Management and Staff.
- Number of Rooms, Ages of Children.
- Recognition of Aistear and Siolta.
- Write about your role as a Childcare Practitioner – include what does the position of Childcare Practitioner entail?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Section 2: Daily Diary Entries
Construct a Diary Entries for 8 of the days you are on placement in your Childcare Setting. Select any 8 days out of your total amount of days worked (150 hours’ minimum). The word count for each diary should not exceed 700 words (+/-10%). You may refer to the additional supporting Diary Template that is included with your module pack.
Ensure the 8 Days chosen are interesting and:
- Describe your immediate Setting, description of the actual Room, Room Type,
Children’s Age group, Number of Children in your care, Ratios.
- Include a Routine followed Arrival Times, Involvement in implementing Activities, Feeding and Sleeping Times, provide/draw a clear timetable in each diary.
- Discuss Daily living tasks carried out e.g. Caring for a Child, Feeding a child, Changing a child.
- Highlight Communication with all Stake Holders – Children, Parents, and Staff.
- Identify Challenges / Situations which may have arisen- issues and challenges
encountered by you during your Work Experience Hours e.g. helping a child settle into the Childcare Setting, an issue could be a child in your care behaviour and a Challenge could be a Child who does not wish to eat their dinner.
Your total hours worked should accumulate to 150 hours, so this will entail more than 8 days but again choose 8 busy, varied and interesting days.
Section 3: Reflection / Evaluation
- Give details of New Learning that has occurred over your work placement.
- Did you face any Challenges on your work placement? Give details of how you faced this challenge and resolved the situation.
- Positive Experiences did you encounter as part of your work placement?
- Describe what would you do differently for a future Work Experience placement?
- Include an up to date copy of your Curriculum Vitae with a Sample Application Letter.
- Provide evidence of research for future possible Career Paths and future possible related Qualifications:
- Research Job Advertisements and provide an actual researched example of a Childcare Practitioner Advertisement.
- Research further Education courses relating to Childcare and provide examples of options available to continue studies after QQI Level 5 Course is complete.
qqiassignments.com has super-speedy and deft assignment experts who deliver express assignment help in Ireland. You can connect with our experts at any time of the day or night and they will solve your query in no time at all. We help the Open University students by offering low-cost writing help with (5N1356) Work Experience assignments for Early Childhood Care & Education help.